July 19, 2013


Hey y'all,

Here is a craft we did in Bible School last year.  Kinda' late right?  Sorry about that.  Just never got around to posting it.  I called it a Prayer Pillow.  The notepad has a quote on it that my brother had said in a sermon; "Faith isn't believing that God can, but rather knowing that He will."  The notepad in the pillow is to right your prayer requests and answered prayers on.  Do y'all do that?  Keep a journal of prayers that God has answered for you?  I have been doing it for a few years now and it's amazing how amazing He is!  I write down small things, big things, all things that I have talked to Him about and He has answered for me!   It's so awesome to go through and read them, especially on rough days! 

I encourage y'all to start a "Prayers Answered" journal.  Believe me, you won't regret it!  God will become more real to you than you ever imagined.  Just think about it, God listens to you!  But not only that, He answers you!  His answers may not always be the answers we want, but they're the best answers!   
(Jeremiah 33:3 "Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and shew thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not.")  I could never remember even half of the prayers He's answered, if I never wrote them down.  I'm sure there are some I've forgotten too, but I try to write down all that I can.

If y'all make this pillow, let us know how it turns out!  Hope y'all start a "Prayers Answered" journal too!

Have a great day y'all!
SMILE, GOD LOVES YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



MATERIALS:  
                    Bandanna
                    Cotton
                    Ribbon
                    Glue gun/glue sticks
                    Material (for pocket)
                    Notepad 
 HOW TO:
         Pillow
               1.  Fold your bandanna evenly in half.
               2.  Cut 3/4-1in. slits all away around.
               3.  Tie your slits together; two side by side and two cross 
                    ways.  You will be tying 4 slits               
                    together at a time.  Leave a corner untied.
               4.  Stuff with cotton until it's as fluffy as you like.
               5.  Tie the rest of your slits together.
         Pocket
               1.  Cut material in a pocket shape.
               2.  Glue onto pillow
               3.  Glue 6in. length ribbon inside the pocket onto pillow.
                     (pictured below)
               4.  Glue ribbon around your pocket
         Notepad
               1.  Glue other end of your 6in. ribbon that goes in your      
                     pocket into the back flap of your notepad.
 DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  

I know it seems like a lot of instructions, but it's really easy.  Good luck!
              
 photo 9db37c08-1843-412f-8ac2-1f5296a842d8.jpg




 photo db3f58ad-1b87-481d-a2c0-22528a9f47f6.jpg   






   







1 comment:

Meredith @ The Laundry Can Wait said...

That is the sweetest little project. And, yes, I keep a prayer journal. I also have a list of BIG answered prayers to remind me when the Lord came through.

XOXO,
Meredith