November 14, 2012

Howdy! 
Y'all doing all right?  Busy getting ready for the holidays?  Have you started putting up your Christmas decorations yet?  How about Christmas shopping?  Dixie n I have been busy shopping and crafting and baking and decorating and.... J/k I think that's about it, at least, that's all I can think of for now.  Dixie's been more on the decorative side then I have.  I'm getting there though, next week at the latest!
Is anyone going to be baking cakes for the holidays?  If so, here is a super easy way to glaze your cake!  Simply get a can of frosting; remove the lid and aluminum cover (Make sure you remove all of it, you don't want sparks flying!) place in the micro for about 30 sec.  Take out and stir.  If it's not completely melted, put in for about 15 more sec.  Then drizzle over your cake 'till your hearts content!   See?  I told you it was easy!  (Careful not to POUR.  You'll get chocolate blobs)
Here is a picture of one I did a couple of months ago for our family reunion.  You may notice that the middle is kinda' chocolate filled.  That's because the frosting wanted to slide down the middle like a chocolate waterfall.  (That sounds good doesn't it?)  O well!  It was all eaten and the tray was scraped clean, so I'm guessing it was good!
If you try this, let me know how it worked for ya!

Have a great day!
SMILE, GOD LOVES YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  Photo-001B

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

looks yummy! The icing especially :)