April 12, 2012

So, did y'all have a very Happy Easter?  I surely hope so!  We had a busy, but fun Easter.  I know I'm a little late with posting this, but better late than never, right?  

First off, this is the bulletin my Daddy and I put up for Easter.  He made the cross.  Isn't it awesome?  I know that Easter is about Jesus' Resurrection, but He had to die on the cross before He could be resurrected.  And boy howdy, I am so glad the He did die and rose again!  If He didn't, we would have no hope for eternity!  We would be helpless.  Lost.  FOR EVER!  It's sad to think that we may only take time to remember this and be thankful for it once a year.  Every Sunday should be Easter Sunday!  


We had an Easter egg hunt with the little youngsters at our Church.   It was a lot of fun watching them run around and around and around.  One of our girls is confined to a wheel chair.  She is not exactly a "youngster", but we let her participate.  She is a lot of fun!  My Mother helped her find her eggs.

We also had a "mini party" during Children's Church and Junior Church.  We played a game and they enjoyed mini cupcakes.   I thought that mini cupcakes would be faster to eat, but not with these kids.  It was so funny.  They were literally bite size, but they took longer to eat the mini's then they do a regular sized cupcake.  Who knew?  

We used left over egg cartons to place the mini cupcakes in.  Dixie n I painted them orange.  The yellow one is the natural color.  We thought it was pretty, so we just left it yellow. 




Please don't look too close.  The cupcakes were kinda' messy.  But they were yummy!  :)


6 comments:

Alison @ Oopsey Daisy said...

Those mini cucpakes are so darling! Thanks for sharing at oopsey daisy!

Theresa Mahoney said...

I love those mini cupcakes! Great job! Who cares if they aren't perfect? My mouth don't have eyes, and that's all that matters on the way to by belly lol.

Stopping by from the hop to say hi! I am followin you in LF and GFC now :)
Have a great weekend!
Theresa
Theresa’s Mixed Nuts

Kathryn said...

Wow, what fun! new follower from the blog hop, would love a follow back

http://cumminslife.blogspot.com/

momstheword said...

Amen to His dying so we could have eternal life! I love the "He Is Risen" craft and the cupcakes look delish. I'm glad you had a great day!

Thanks for linking up to Making Your Home Sing Monday and I’d really appreciate it if you could do a courtesy link back to my blog. Thanks!

Carrie said...

Great idea!! They look delicious! Thank you for sharing at Sharing Saturday!! I hope you are having an amazing week!!

Natasha Mairs - Serenity You said...

Thanks for sharing on Serenity Saturday xxx